Thursday, October 28, 2010

A ditty~

This very morning the sun comes up
coffee be fillin my cup
and in the morning there i be
a moody old woman that people can see...
so..
i sit on down and do my thing
escape my life and all the mundane
siftin through the brightest light
where my eyes stay closed and i hold on tight
to the things i knew and all that i had done
wanting to right my every wrong
i take a glance at my future's path
but promises broken.. it ain't my last
if I knew all there was inside, would i continue to run and hide
or would i just step away and look at tomorrow as another day
Could I be that lady strong, who sings you lullabyes in song
who cuddles you softly through the night tellin you it'll be alright.
now only if I believe things aren't always as I see
and move on to my destiny.... perhaps and maybe and most definitely
I can be who I aspire to be~


No comments: