Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My creations:

Here Im making our homemade delicious yogurt. I started making our own organic yogurt almost a year ago. It has been really fun and tastes delicious w/out having ingredients that are unknown or unhealthy. It's REALLY easy and I can add whatever fruit/jam/flavoring I desire. My kids eat it up!! Add my favorite homemade granola and fresh raspberries from our yard and we are in dreamland~

Here Im starting a new hobby of sprouting. I have been reading a lot and again using top seeds that are organic, raw, and meant for sprouting. Adding these to a salad, pastas, or breads can be fun and has a TON of health benefits. There are numerous ways to sprout, I have sprouting jars, trays, and 100% organic hemp bags. Each seed requires it's own "way". I love my new hobby and since it is about food Im in heaven..... :)


Here are my Radish sprouts they are quite hot in flavor and add a punch to our salads. It's crazy that 2 tbs. of seeds can yield such a great amount of sprouts. I have lots of recipes for all different types of sprouts. I also did pumpkin seed sprouts. I do 2-3 at a time and follow the strict instructions. The last thing I want is mold or my seeds to drowned. It isn't time consuming at all thankfully. I still have reading to do as each seed has it's own time and way to do things.

3 comments:

visiter check in said...

I love it! good job!

justMe said...

One of these days you will have to tell me how to do the radish sprouts, I think matt would love them. I LOVE alfalfa sprouts!yumm!!

Monica said...

I remember my mother growing sprouts on the kitchen window sill. I also remember yummy homemade yogurt. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.